Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
hyundai genesis sedan   hyundai genesis sedan

Go Back   Hyundai Genesis Forum > Hyundai Genesis Sedan Forums - 3.8 V6, 4.6 V8, 5.0 R-Spec V8 > Hyundai Genesis Sedan Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics
Hyundai Genesis Forum Advertise Help us help you! Calendar Today's Posts

Notices

Hyundai Genesis Sedan Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics Discussions regarding satellite/stereo and electrical systems including GPS navigation and bluetooth.

Hyundai Genesis Forum: Where are all of the 17 Lexicon speakers located?
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-23-2012, 11:53 PM
gennyDAVE gennyDAVE is offline
Junior Member
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
View gennyDAVE's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13
gennyDAVE is on a distinguished road
Default Where are all of the 17 Lexicon speakers located?

Remove this ad
I just purchased a 2009 3.8 V6 Genesis Tech Package Certified Pre-Owned w/ 25K miles today from the Hyundai dealership for $23,036!!! (Had to brag a little... I've been looking for months for the right deal and I finally pounced on it!)

Anyway, my question regards the 17 speaker Lexicon sound system. I asked the salesperson where all 17 speakers were located in the car and we both couldn't count them all out. I've looked on the Hyundai website and combed through these forums with no such luck.

Can anyone tell me where each speaker is by location?

Thanks a million,
Dave
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 06-24-2012, 12:10 AM
pharmade pharmade is offline
Junior Member
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
View pharmade's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10
pharmade is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where are all of the 17 Lexicon speakers located?

This site has good information on our 17-speaker system
http://hyundai.lexicon.com/hyundai.aspx
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-24-2012, 12:24 AM
gameday22 gameday22 is online now
Supporting Member
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
View gameday22's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Age: 43
Posts: 712
gameday22 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where are all of the 17 Lexicon speakers located?

From the Hyundai / Lexicon's site:


[17] Speakers, 528 System Watts

[1+1] 10cm Center-Fill Midrange & 25mm Tweeter
[2+2] 65mm Upper-Door Midranges & 25mm Sail Tweeters
[2] 16cm Front-Door Woofers
[2+2] 16cm Rear-Door Woofers & 25mm Tweeters
[2+2] 10cm Rear-Deck Midranges & 25mm Tweeters
[1] 20cm Rear-Deck DVC Subwoofer
[1] 11-Channel Digital Amplifier




__________________
2013 3.8L Sedan, Titanium Grey Metallic, Tech + Premium, Wing Package, 40% Llumar low reflection tint, K&N Air Filter.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-07-2014, 10:52 PM
BabyGenesis BabyGenesis is offline
Junior Member
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
View BabyGenesis's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 2
BabyGenesis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where are all of the 17 Lexicon speakers located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gennyDAVE View Post
I just purchased a 2009 3.8 V6 Genesis Tech Package Certified Pre-Owned w/ 25K miles today from the Hyundai dealership for $23,036!!! (Had to brag a little... I've been looking for months for the right deal and I finally pounced on it!)

Anyway, my question regards the 17 speaker Lexicon sound system. I asked the salesperson where all 17 speakers were located in the car and we both couldn't count them all out. I've looked on the Hyundai website and combed through these forums with no such luck.

Can anyone tell me where each speaker is by location?

Thanks a million,
Dave
Have a look at this:
http://hyundai.lexicon.com/hyundai.aspx

It gives the placement of all speakers.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-08-2014, 11:15 AM
videopho videopho is offline
Senior Member
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
View videopho's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: N. Texas/Cherry Point MCAS NC
Posts: 336
videopho is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where are all of the 17 Lexicon speakers located?

^Good to know. Thanks
Off topic a bit.
I didn't get this.
Consumer Report still rates our cars a solid Black or well below average on the audio system.
Was the earlier model giving car owners bad taste and the Lexicon was too included in this ratting?
__________________
2013 Genesis ReSpect Noir/Noir.
Aluminum brush pedals mod. Winged badges (Trunk, Hood, Steering Wheel). K&N AF. PrecisionLED. Trunk Lid Spoiler.

2010 Genesis coupe blanc/noir 3.8 Track. Wing badges.
SFR stage 1.5 custom dyno-tuned@271whp. HSD coilovers, R2C sri, Magnaflow CBE. PrecisionLED.

What exactly is a r-spec Genesis? It's sort of like Rodney Dangerfield's favorite sport car.

Last edited by videopho; 06-08-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Mark_888 Mark_888 is online now
Senior Member
Drives a Hyundai 3.8 V6 Sedan
View Mark_888's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,865
Mark_888 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Where are all of the 17 Lexicon speakers located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by videopho View Post
Off topic a bit.
I didn't get this.
Consumer Report still rates our cars a solid Black or well below average on the audio system.
Was the earlier model giving car owners bad taste and the Lexicon was too included in this ratting?
The Consumer Reports rating system you are looking at is based on reliability only. The Genesis Lexicon audio systems have been around since 2009, and although some of the features have changed (Bluetooth streaming, etc) I believe the overall sound quality is pretty much the same (and very good sound quality). But I don't hear many complaining about the sound quality, just reliability.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Epiphany Epiphany is offline
Senior Member
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
View Epiphany's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Posts: 122
Epiphany is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where are all of the 17 Lexicon speakers located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
The Consumer Reports rating system you are looking at is based on reliability only. The Genesis Lexicon audio systems have been around since 2009, and although some of the features have changed (Bluetooth streaming, etc) I believe the overall sound quality is pretty much the same (and very good sound quality). But I don't hear many complaining about the sound quality, just reliability.
Sound quality is generally great, reliability can be absolute crap like in my case. I've had many parts of the audio system replaced over the last year to the tune of $8000 or so covered by warranty.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-08-2014, 07:28 PM
videopho videopho is offline
Senior Member
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
View videopho's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: N. Texas/Cherry Point MCAS NC
Posts: 336
videopho is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where are all of the 17 Lexicon speakers located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiphany View Post
Sound quality is generally great, reliability can be absolute crap like in my case. I've had many parts of the audio system replaced over the last year to the tune of $8000 or so covered by warranty.
Which year is yours?
Let's hope Lexicon and Hyundai have altogether weeded out all the glitches in the later year model, say from 2012 and forward.
No I was not referring about the CR's sound quality rating but rather reliability ones.
I should have been more clear on my question.
__________________
2013 Genesis ReSpect Noir/Noir.
Aluminum brush pedals mod. Winged badges (Trunk, Hood, Steering Wheel). K&N AF. PrecisionLED. Trunk Lid Spoiler.

2010 Genesis coupe blanc/noir 3.8 Track. Wing badges.
SFR stage 1.5 custom dyno-tuned@271whp. HSD coilovers, R2C sri, Magnaflow CBE. PrecisionLED.

What exactly is a r-spec Genesis? It's sort of like Rodney Dangerfield's favorite sport car.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Epiphany Epiphany is offline
Senior Member
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
View Epiphany's Photo Album
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Posts: 122
Epiphany is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where are all of the 17 Lexicon speakers located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by videopho View Post
Which year is yours?
Let's hope Lexicon and Hyundai have altogether weeded out all the glitches in the later year model, say from 2012 and forward.
No I was not referring about the CR's sound quality rating but rather reliability ones.
I should have been more clear on my question.
2009 V6 with tech package.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-18-2014, 11:44 PM
ghostcloak ghostcloak is offline
Junior Member
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
View ghostcloak's Photo Album
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 6
ghostcloak is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where are all of the 17 Lexicon speakers located?

Yet another article/graphic of the Lexicon system:

http://www.lacar.com/?p=1897

Just finished listening to Linkin Parks' "Reanimation" DVD-Audio on the ride home that put that Logic7 to work! Speechless...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
17, lexicon, located, speakers

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 AM.


Hyundai Genesis Ads
Remove this column

My Pledge




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
GenesisOwners.com recognizes that "Hyundai", it's logos and various model names and numbers are registered trademarks of the Hyundai Motors Corporation. These terms are used for identification purposes only. GenesisOwners.com is not affiliated in any way with the Hyundai Motors Corporation, Hyundai or any other company listed herein. All information on this site is the opinion of its members and not the opinion of the site itself. 2014 Madison Ross Media Group. All rights reserved.
MADISON ROSS MEDIA GROUP MARKETPLACE
Need products for your Hyundai Genesis? Check out your options at the links below:

No special deals available at this time...