Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
hyundai genesis sedan   hyundai genesis sedan

Go Back   Hyundai Genesis Forum > Hyundai Genesis News and more... > Hyundai Genesis Issues Requiring Dealer Attention
Hyundai Genesis Forum Advertise Help us help you! Calendar Today's Posts

Notices

Hyundai Genesis Issues Requiring Dealer Attention This forum is for discussions regarding various issues that need dealership attention. All topics in this forum were moved here from other areas.
Discussions cannot be started in this section.

Hyundai Genesis Forum: fuel door problem will not open

Old 11-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Drives a Hyundai 3.8 V6 Sedan
View garwal's Photo Album

garwal is on a distinguished road
Default fuel door problem will not open

Remove this ad
Well I have my first issue, went to put fuel in and the door will not open with the button. Had to use the emergency fuel door opener in the trunk. Checked the 10 amp fuse on the drivers side fuse pannel it is good. Now I have to drive 60 miles one way to set up an appointment to have it looked at. No local dealer. Any ideas since the fuse is good. It appears there is no power to the selonoid? Welcome to suggestions, I was in hopes there was another fuse I am missing.
Thanks
Gary

Old 11-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Drives a Hyundai In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
View EdVoylesHyundai's Photo Album

EdVoylesHyundai is on a distinguished road
Default Re: fuel door problem will not open

If you open the door using the release in the trunk, then go up front and push the fuel door release button on the door, does the little plunger that holds the fuel door closed move in when you push the button? Depending on how long your arms are, you should just be able to see the plunger while you press the button.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:00 PM

Not a good sign. The switch in the door had to much dialectic in the plugin and it was creating an open so no power to the door solenoid. Bad news is they broke one of the tabs off the switch trying to put it back and had to order new switch. Gave me a rental from Hertz for the night and had to go back today and pickup my Gen. All OK now it appears but having the door panel off as well as the trunk side panel off is a real pisser on a car with 500 miles. I know I will now pick the car to pieces, thats just how I am. And if they intend to give the customer the feeling they are getting a high end car they will have to do better than a Saturn for a rental. All in all not a good start for a 42K car. This type of stuff should not be happening.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:41 AM
Hyundai Genesis Forum
Drives a Hyundai Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
View Hyundai Genesis's Photo Album

Hyundai Genesis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via AIM to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via MSN to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via Yahoo to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via Skype™ to Hyundai Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwal View Post
Not a good sign. The switch in the door had to much dialectic in the plugin and it was creating an open so no power to the door solenoid. Bad news is they broke one of the tabs off the switch trying to put it back and had to order new switch. Gave me a rental from Hertz for the night and had to go back today and pickup my Gen. All OK now it appears but having the door panel off as well as the trunk side panel off is a real pisser on a car with 500 miles. I know I will now pick the car to pieces, thats just how I am. And if they intend to give the customer the feeling they are getting a high end car they will have to do better than a Saturn for a rental. All in all not a good start for a 42K car. This type of stuff should not be happening.
Imagine how people feel when things like this happen on a $110,000 dollar BMW 750Li! And at that, you only get a 3-Series BMW as a loaner if you're lucky! You COULD end up with a Kia Sephia - even at the BMW dealership... Buying a more expensive vehicle doesn't make you immune to these types of issues...

Help support our community. For as little as $2.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:40 AM
View kbmuenkel's Photo Album

kbmuenkel is on a distinguished road

I had this problem this morning. The fuel filler access door would not pop open. I could hear the release working but the door would not release. After fiddling with it for at least 5 or 6 times, it finally popped open.

I will keep an eye on this.

Bob
2009 Genesis V6 - Tech Package
Cabernet Red - Cashmere Interior
Old 11-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Supporting Member
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
View musher51's Photo Album

musher51 is on a distinguished road

I, too, have had trouble getting the fuel door to unlatch a couple of times. Nothing serious...I've been able to get it open after several extra pushes, but I'll be paying closer attention now to make sure it doesn't get worse. Probably a good idea to locate the emergency button in the trunk.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai Genesis View Post
Imagine how people feel when things like this happen on a $110,000 dollar BMW 750Li! And at that, you only get a 3-Series BMW as a loaner if you're lucky! You COULD end up with a Kia Sephia - even at the BMW dealership... Buying a more expensive vehicle doesn't make you immune to these types of issues...
My post is not to complain about the car but to bring attention to the fact that if your going to shine such a bright light on anything you had better get it correct the first time. I have had many nice cars in my 60 years and I fully know they all can have problems, however when you brag about the service and treatment like has been done in other threads on this forum , it is a big disappointment when the treatment is no better than you would get from any dealer. It is not the loaner that got to me, it is the fact that this even happened. Just a little better QC could have prevented this experience. Remember the switch was not bad it had to much diametric sealer grease on the plug which caused an open circuit as the pin could not make contact with the switch. My post was to give all a heads up as this could be a problem for many if this is not corrected.We all want a better car and finding and correcting issues quickly is how we get there.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Hyundai Genesis Forum

Send a message via ICQ to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via AIM to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via MSN to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via Yahoo to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via Skype™ to Hyundai Genesis

Okay. I'm moving this into the "issues requiring dealer attention" forum. This is obviously a problem that needs to be taken care of...

Help support our community. For as little as $2.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:42 AM

Cool Re: fuel door problem will not open

Thanks for moving this.

I picked up the car on Tuesday as I was told it was ready and the work had been completed by the Master Tech. Wednesday I drove the car for the first time since getting it back from the dealer, went to store and now I have a bigger problem the drivers door will not lock with the remote or the button Had to use the key to open the drivers door. All other doors work . So what do you think might have caused this And this is why I had made such a big issue of removing the door panel, I spent 45 min talking to this tech in fact he had allowed me to come in and see why he had to order a new fuel door switch, he knew I was upset that he had removed this panel and assured me he was up to speed and would treat this like it was his new 42K car that had 500 miles. Well it is quite obvious he was not careful and now I am going to have a second trip 80 miles to have the panel removed again to fix whatever he unfixed.

I have now called the Hyundai Genesis Team which is a special unit for customers that have invested in the Genesis. They assigned me a case number and have said they will be back with me in 48 hours. I also spoke with them at length about the tech showing me the oil additive that the dealer is adding to there oil . The service manager stated to me that they use this additive to there blended 10-30 bulk oil? Never heard of this in my life and I have ask the factory to tell me why an additive has to be used. Also the shop at this dealership was very dirty and messy. I am in hopes that Hyundai looks into this , I don't want anyone else to have to go through this. I will keep all posted if you like.
Dr. Gary Walton
Old 11-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Hyundai Genesis Forum

Hmm.. Interesting... Keep us posted on the door lock - just start a new topic with details, please... Let's leave this one for the fuel door discussion....

Thank you...

Old 11-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
View genesis@genesisworld.com's Photo Album

genesis@genesisworld.com is on a distinguished road
Default Gas Door Release problem.

OK- I have my first real problem! Went to fill up today (at $1.79/gal I might add) and the door release button did nothing. I DID use the release handle that's in the trunk. Anyone else see this issue?

BTW- I don't know if it's the design on the place where you put the gas nozzle (does that thing actually have a name?) but I can't seem to get any gas hose in very far and I do get spash. Comments?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:00 PM
View GS300rich's Photo Album

GS300rich is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gas Door Release problem.

I did notice the nozzle doesn't go in very far but didn't get any splashing
Old 11-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
View Wordman's Photo Album

Wordman is on a distinguished road

My experience is similar to GS300rich - nozzle doesn't go in very far, but no splashing. And I'm still paying $2.29 in SoCal...
Old 11-20-2008, 02:08 PM
View ConceptVBS's Photo Album

ConceptVBS is on a distinguished road

Remove this ad
Your not alone with this one.

Discussions merged by admin.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:29 AM
View lux's Photo Album

lux is on a distinguished road

I notice I need to push the door button a couple times before it opens but it does open.