Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
hyundai genesis sedan   hyundai genesis sedan

Go Back   Hyundai Genesis Forum > Hyundai Genesis Coupe Forums - 2.0T and 3.8 V6 > General 2009-2014 Genesis Coupe Discussion
Hyundai Genesis Forum Advertise Help us help you! Calendar Today's Posts

Notices

General 2009-2014 Genesis Coupe Discussion Forum for discussions specifically regarding the Hyundai Genesis Coupe that don't fit anywhere else.

Hyundai Genesis Forum: Engine swap?

Old 10-25-2011, 03:47 AM
Drives a Hyundai Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
View Boostedforte's Photo Album

Boostedforte is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Engine swap?

Remove this ad
Hi, first allow myself to introduce....myself?!?! I'm Sal from NYC. I do not own a genesis, I don't even own a Hyundai. What I do own is a 2010 Kia forte koup. Now before you guys start chewing me out, I've come here for some help. Right now my car is boosted to 325hp. Which isn't bad for a 4cyl. It's just not enough for me. I love the look of my car, but I love the 3.8 engine a lot better. No one makes after market engine parts for the thetaII engine (2.4 Kia engine) what also kills me is that it's fwd. My plan is to not only do an engine swap with a 3.8, but a whole drivetran swap and convert my little Kia to a rwd 3.8. what I'm hoping for is of anyone can do me a huge favor and get under their car and take some pics for me. I'd like to see where on the genny does the rear axle bolt up to, maybe some pics of the driveshaft and tranny and if anyone can tell me where I can get some info on the dimensions of the rear axle.

Also, is the axle, tranny and driveshaft the same for the 2.0T as it is for the 3.8, what are the gear ratios, and maybe some engine compartment pics.

And lastly, some of the frame work under the engine and in the rear. I would really appreciate it! I love my car, I put a lot of work into it, but nothing beats rwd.

Btw....if you guys are looking for a turbo set up for the 3.8, you should get in contact with turbokits.com. When I was getting my turbo installed they had one on the lift they were working on. I think he said it was pushing out 700+HP. Don't qout me on that tho! Lol I could be wrong. But again, thanks in advance!

Old 10-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Drives a Hyundai 3.8 V6 Sedan
View Mark_888's Photo Album

Mark_888 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Engine swap?

Sal, unless you have a couple hundred pounds of cocaine hidden in your rocker panels that would be extremely inconvenient for you to remove and install in another car, it will be a lot cheaper to sell your current car and buy a brand new Genesis coupe with 3.8, and start mods from there. It would probably even be cheaper to purchase a Genesis Sedan R-Spec.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:12 AM

How did you know where I hide my coke?

All kidding aside, I understand the price. I've figured labor alone for the swap it's self will run around $15k-$20k. I've invested a lot of time and money in the present car to just sell it off. Plus this is a tuner thing, thinking outside the box type deal.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Drives a Hyundai In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
View ImInPA's Photo Album

ImInPA is on a distinguished road

Sal, photos will be pretty useless too, as the Genesis has a longitudinally mounted engine (RWD) and the Forte has a transverse mounted (FWD) layout. It would be easier to mount a couple JATOS to the rear for track day.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:57 AM

Does anyone know if the sedans V8 will bolt up to the coupes 6spd manual tranny and is the rear axle the same for all models?
Old 10-31-2011, 08:21 AM
Drives a Hyundai 3.8 V6 Sedan
View Mark_888's Photo Album

Mark_888 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostedforte View Post
Does anyone know if the sedans V8 will bolt up to the coupes 6spd manual tranny and is the rear axle the same for all models?
Pretty sure the rear axles are different. The Genesis Coupe and Sedan don't really have that much in common.