Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
hyundai genesis sedan   hyundai genesis sedan

Go Back   Hyundai Genesis Forum > The Hyundai Genesis General Discussion Area > General Hyundai / Kia Discussions
Hyundai Genesis Forum Advertise Help us help you! Calendar Today's Posts

Notices

General Hyundai / Kia Discussions Discuss all topics regarding Hyundai and Kia BESIDES the Genesis Sponsored by HyundaiKiaForums.com

Hyundai Genesis Forum: 2008 Kia Amanti

Old 10-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Hyundai Genesis Forum
Drives a Hyundai Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
View Hyundai Genesis's Photo Album

Hyundai Genesis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via AIM to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via MSN to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via Yahoo to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via Skype™ to Hyundai Genesis
Default 2008 Kia Amanti

Remove this ad
I had a 2008 Kia Amanti for a rental car this weekend. As my wife and I pulled up into the Enterprise lot, she asked me which car I'd like.. I said, "Not the Kia!". Well, as it turns out - I liked it quite a bit. It's an Excellent mid-sized luxury car. It didn't have navigation, but it did have heated seats. That was surprising for a rental car (to me). I'm not sure if navigation is available on the Amanti. If not, they should fix that - because it's a very luxurious car in every other way.

It's not the quietest vehicle. There's plenty of road noise. Lots of engine noise as well - when you need to get up and go. Very little wind noise, however. The leather was very soft and the seats were comfortable. I got a lot of compliments on the car and I was very surprised at that. I wasn't impressed with the stereo system - at all. Still, it was a much better car than I'd thought. I was a back seat passenger in a test drive years ago - but this was my first time driving the Amanti. I do remember the back seat being very comfortable. The front seat is comfortable as well..

I timed a few 0-60 launches and I did a few 6.1s and a few 6.3s.. The engine is very smooth and there's plenty of power. Lots of power down low and plenty of power up top - even at 100mph. The brakes are excellent as well. The suspension isn't tight at all. If you want a car that rides soft, this is something you'll like. If you like tight handling, forget about it.

The interior lights up nicely at night and the gauges are very clear and easy to read. Very Lexus-like. My only complaint was that I'd prefer the speedometer to be on the left of the RPMs. If the steering wheel is going to block anything, I'd prefer it not be the speedometer - which was partially blocked by the steering wheel..

I imagine the Hyundai Azera feels very much like the Amanti - especially in the power department..

Help support our community. For as little as $2.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Drives a Hyundai In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
View Poopsicle's Photo Album

Poopsicle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2008 Kia Amanti

Actually, the Amanti is derived from the old Hyundai XG350 Chassis. In my opinion, the Amanti is one of the worst cars I've ever driven(1st being a Dodge Caliber).

The Amanti is only good if you're driving on the highway because it's quiet and it has a powerful engine; other than that, it's horrible in the city. I would still take the Hyundai XG350 over the Amanti , anyday.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Hyundai Genesis Forum

Send a message via ICQ to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via AIM to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via MSN to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via Yahoo to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via Skype™ to Hyundai Genesis

I like the XG350 as well.. What don't you like about the Amanti in the city? I mainly drive expensive vehicles. I've had an 05 Lexus LS430 and am currently driving an 06 BMW 750Li. For me to like the Amanti is very telling...

Help support our community. For as little as $2.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Hyundai Genesis Forum

Here are a few pictures of what the next Kia Amanti may look like...

Old 11-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Drives a Hyundai 3.8 V6 Sedan
View jwaters943's Photo Album

jwaters943 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopsicle View Post
Actually, the Amanti is derived from the old Hyundai XG350 Chassis. In my opinion, the Amanti is one of the worst cars I've ever driven(1st being a Dodge Caliber).

The Amanti is only good if you're driving on the highway because it's quiet and it has a powerful engine; other than that, it's horrible in the city. I would still take the Hyundai XG350 over the Amanti , anyday.
What year Amanti did you drive? The 2007 model received a healthy refresh with slightly revised styling, suspension and chassis tweeks, the Azera's 3.8l V6, etc.

I have to say, I loathe the exterior styling of the car, but the interior is VERY nice for it's price bracket.

Autoblog review/gallery: http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/17/i...07-kia-amanti/

'09 Hyundai Genesis 3.8
Current Mods:
35% Metallic Tint, KDM Wing Emblems (Front/Rear/Wheel Center Caps/Steering Wheel), Chrome Exterior Door Strips, LED Illuminated Door Sills,
Accessory Cargo Mat, Trunk Speaker Cover, Color-Matched Mud Guards, Spec-1 Design Lip Spoiler
Old 11-21-2008, 04:41 PM
View BigElm's Photo Album

BigElm is on a distinguished road

It's supposed to be a very affordable vehicle so having a Nav might not be considered, unless they have it as an option (to order?). But it's just a matter of time since NAV and Luxury is an expectation that should be together. The Amanti is due for a fresh styling. Looking forward to seeing what Hyundai will do with it, now that there are rumors the Azera will go away.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Drives a Hyundai 3.8 V6 Sedan
View jwaters943's Photo Album

jwaters943 is on a distinguished road

There have been rumors that the Azera was going away since it's 2nd model year. The official word from Hyundai is it isn't going anywhere.

'09 Hyundai Genesis 3.8
Current Mods:
35% Metallic Tint, KDM Wing Emblems (Front/Rear/Wheel Center Caps/Steering Wheel), Chrome Exterior Door Strips, LED Illuminated Door Sills,
Accessory Cargo Mat, Trunk Speaker Cover, Color-Matched Mud Guards, Spec-1 Design Lip Spoiler
Old 11-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Drives a Hyundai 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
View JOwest's Photo Album

JOwest is on a distinguished road

Just curious how come we talk about a Kia in this Genesis forum?
Old 11-21-2008, 07:47 PM
View ConceptVBS's Photo Album

ConceptVBS is on a distinguished road

This is the next generation Amanti replacement in disguise. People are speculating that it is based on the current generation Azera.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Hyundai Genesis Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOwest View Post
Just curious how come we talk about a Kia in this Genesis forum?
This is the "other Hyundai models" area of the Genesis forum. We also have an entirely off-topic area here called "General Discussion". Since Kia is owned by Hyundai, we discuss the company and it's products...

Old 11-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Drives a Hyundai 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
View JOwest's Photo Album

JOwest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai Genesis View Post
This is the "other Hyundai models" area of the Genesis forum. We also have an entirely off-topic area here called "General Discussion". Since Kia is owned by Hyundai, we discuss the company and it's products...
Right you are. Sorry, didn't even look at the forum heading!
Old 11-24-2008, 05:05 PM
View Michael_S's Photo Album

Michael_S is on a distinguished road

Something that I find interesting and a little disappointing is that the older Amanti does better than the Azera in the IIHS side impact crash test.

Hyundai has been doing pretty well with crash ratings in its newer models. I'm disappointed that the platform upgrade from previous generation XG350 to the Azera did not strengthen the platform.