Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
hyundai genesis sedan   hyundai genesis sedan

Go Back   Hyundai Genesis Forum > Hyundai Genesis Sedan Forums - 3.8 V6, 4.6 V8, 5.0 R-Spec V8 > Hyundai Genesis Sedan Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics
Hyundai Genesis Forum Advertise Help us help you! Calendar Today's Posts

Notices

Hyundai Genesis Sedan Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics Discussions regarding satellite/stereo and electrical systems including GPS navigation and bluetooth.

Hyundai Genesis Forum: Entering Phone Numbers

Old 03-31-2010, 07:47 PM
Drives a Hyundai 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
View MN2828's Photo Album

MN2828 is on a distinguished road
Default Entering Phone Numbers

Remove this ad
Now that I am past the inexcusable failure to load my cell phone's address book (and that the dealer told me I could), I can't figure out how to program a pause into a phone number. For example, to call my voicemail at work, I would dial

123-456-7890 (pause) extension#password#

It is set up on my blackberry that way (and my last car did load the address book -- but I'm not bitter).

Any suggestions?

If this has been answered elsewhere I apologize but I can't find it with search.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:06 PM
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
View dataguy's Photo Album

dataguy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Entering Phone Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2828 View Post
Now that I am past the inexcusable failure to load my cell phone's address book (and that the dealer told me I could), I can't figure out how to program a pause into a phone number. For example, to call my voicemail at work, I would dial

123-456-7890 (pause) extension#password#

It is set up on my blackberry that way (and my last car did load the address book -- but I'm not bitter).

Any suggestions?

If this has been answered elsewhere I apologize but I can't find it with search.
There is no way to enter a pause. I use the pause for the same purpose.

The only way to use the hands-free is to dial the call via the entry on your Blackberry and use the car as a dumb BT speaker.

Blame the Germans...it's a Harman Becker system.

EDIT: You can also probably blame your salesman too. Perhaps s/he was thinking of the system in either the Coupe or the Premium Navigation package on the Sedan (which uses a Hyundai-developed system) -- they import phonebooks. Don't know about the pause though.
Best MPG: 29.0, Worst MPG: 18.8
Old 03-31-2010, 08:50 PM
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8
View Midnightsun's Photo Album

Midnightsun is on a distinguished road

Actually if you have the tech package it defaults to the number entry screen once the preset has dialled the number wanted. Dialling any extension afterwords with the control knob is a piece of cake.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:59 PM
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
View dataguy's Photo Album

dataguy will become famous soon enough

Yeah, but that defeats the purpose of having an address book entry with the pauses built in. I have one on my cell that dials my voicemail, waits, then enters my mailbox number, waits, and then dials the password. One button and you're in.
Best MPG: 29.0, Worst MPG: 18.8
Old 04-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Drives a Hyundai 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
View MN2828's Photo Album

MN2828 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataguy View Post
Yeah, but that defeats the purpose of having an address book entry with the pauses built in. I have one on my cell that dials my voicemail, waits, then enters my mailbox number, waits, and then dials the password. One button and you're in.
My point. The whole idea of the Bluetooth is so that I am not pushing buttons. It is not really a piece of cake to have to enter 4 numbers # then 4 numbers # and then another number. Very distracting having to scroll around and around.

Why would anyone build a Bluetooth system for a car without the ability to push the phone book? (Rhetorical question).

So that I understand this correctly -- the most expensive system is the least capable! Go figure
Old 04-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
View ctrcbob's Photo Album

ctrcbob is on a distinguished road

You may want to buy a 2011 Sonata. Don't know about the "pause", but you can upload all the phone numbers from your cell to the 2011 Sonata Bluetooth.

Mount Dora, FL (It Could Be Worse)
Penfield, NY (A Quiet Rochester Suburb)
Roswell, NM (Alien Central)

09 Genesis 4.6 Tech (Sold)
10 SHO Ecoboost Twin Turbo
11 MKZ
Old 04-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Drives a Hyundai 3.8 V6 Sedan
View csyria's Photo Album

csyria is on a distinguished road

try copying your entire phone book into your sim card first and then pair it with the car, I have the touch screen nav. and I realized the system only picks up the numbers stored on your sim but not the ones on the memory card, I'm not sure if it works the same on DIS but it's worth trying