Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
hyundai genesis sedan   hyundai genesis sedan

Go Back   Hyundai Genesis Forum > Hyundai Genesis News and more... > Hyundai Genesis vs. The Competition
Hyundai Genesis Forum Advertise Help us help you! Calendar Today's Posts

Notices

Hyundai Genesis vs. The Competition Forum for discussions comparing the Hyundai Genesis to various competitors.

Hyundai Genesis Forum: Genesis vs Bentley

Old 08-14-2009, 04:59 AM
Drives a Hyundai 3.8 V6 Sedan
View Mark_888's Photo Album

Mark_888 will become famous soon enough
Default Genesis vs Bentley

Remove this ad
There have been a lot jokes about how the Genesis Korea badging (that almost everyone has installed to replace the stock Hyundai rear badge) resembles a Bentley badge. And a few Genesis owners have posted that they been asked by their friends if they purchased a Bentley, because at first glance not many people know what a Genesis is, and the Korea badge looks sort of like a Bentley badge.

So today I was driving around and in the lane next to me was a $175,000 Bentley Continental Flying Spur (I just checked the model on their website) which appeared to be fairly new. The Bentley was same the color as mine (Platinum) and it was interesting riding side by side with him. After awhile the Bentley ended up right behind me and we were stopped at red light for few minutes. I was looking in my rear-view mirror at the guy, and he was obviously trying to figure out what the hell was in front of him. I wonder if he would have had a stroke if he knew that it was a $33,000 car.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Hyundai Genesis Forum
Drives a Hyundai Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
View Hyundai Genesis's Photo Album

Hyundai Genesis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via AIM to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via MSN to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via Yahoo to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via Skype™ to Hyundai Genesis
Default Re: Genesis vs Bentley

Funny! It's amazing how curious Hyundai has people with the Genesis.. And speaking of Bentley - I saw a nice black (newer) Kia Amanti on the road a couple of nights ago.. As I was pulling up to it, I was sure it was a Bentley.. Those new tail lights are really nice...

Help support our community. For as little as $2.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Drives a Hyundai Equus Signature
View GripperDon's Photo Album

GripperDon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to GripperDon

I owned a VW phaeton for a year or so. It and the Bentley are both produced on the same assembly line at VW Glass house facility. It is a poor mans Bentley like the Genesis will be a poor mans Equious. Anyway the Genesis unfortunately has a way to go to equal the Phaeton ( Full time AWD, continously adjustable suspension, etc.

I do agree that the badging is very similar to the Bentley and certianly superior to the Phaetons.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:10 PM
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
View dataguy's Photo Album

dataguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripperDon View Post
Anyway the Genesis unfortunately has a way to go to equal the Phaeton ( Full time AWD, continously adjustable suspension, etc.
Sure, but the Genesis is about half the price that the Phaeton was. 100% more would probably buy a lot more car if applied to the Genesis. Just out of curiosity, what did you think of it, and why did you only have it for a year?

I laugh when people think it's a Bentley. Saw one just the other day, and it's way more ostentatious in an in-your-face elitist way. The Genesis is much more understated than any ultra-rich saloon. Maybe that's why everyone who's ever said to me that the Genesis looks like Bentley qualified it with "baby" or "mini" -- as if it were a junior executive model like, say, the Jag S-Type. "Maybe his rich uncle died but didn't leave enough inheritance for him to quit his job."
Best MPG: 29.0, Worst MPG: 18.8
Old 08-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Drives a Hyundai Equus Signature
View GripperDon's Photo Album

GripperDon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to GripperDon

Again I agreed DATA GUY. I got the base Phaeton and paid $58k (which I felt was a real bargian at the time, I still was working and had income) and while the Phaeton has a lot that the Genesis doesn't it does cost a lot more. I used to feel that the Phaeton was a bargain compared to the Bentley which cost close to three times the Phaeton. SO I really think the Genesis is a lot for the money. It is just not a Bentley or a Phaeton but they are not a Genesis, which among other things is a bargain and the others are not, in comparsion to the Genesis. Isn't it great that we live in a land where were can even be discussing these outstanding cars and their relative bang for the buck attributes. We are really blessed, now if we can all have good health.

Styling is a matter of personal taste and we can't account for any of that.