Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
hyundai genesis sedan   hyundai genesis sedan

Go Back   Hyundai Genesis Forum > Hyundai Genesis Sedan Forums - 3.8 V6, 4.6 V8, 5.0 R-Spec V8 > General 2009-2014 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Discussion
Hyundai Genesis Forum Advertise Help us help you! Calendar Today's Posts

Notices

General 2009-2014 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Discussion Forum for discussions regarding the Hyundai Genesis Sedan that don't fit specifically anywhere else.

Hyundai Genesis Forum: how to turn on BLINKER and ALARM BEEP sound when locking / unlocking?

Old 07-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Drives a Hyundai 3.8 V6 Sedan
View jasonsw's Photo Album

jasonsw is on a distinguished road
Default how to turn on BLINKER and ALARM BEEP sound when locking / unlocking?

Remove this ad
Howdy all. I took my Genesis for a 3000-mile oil change... (I am already at 9800 miles in 6 months!!!)

It took 3.5 hours to get an oil change and have tech look at seat railing to see if there's anything obstructing the seat from moving back and forth just because it wasn't moving too smoothly...

3.5 hours on a very quiet Tuesday afternoon...

Well, so I got the car back 3.5 hours later only to find out that my car won't BEEP and blinkers won't BLINK when the car is being LOCKED with the key fob switch / button... It will only BLINK and BEEP when the car is being UNLOCKED...

Which means I have no idea if the car is locked unless i LOOK INSIDE to see the knob turn to LOCK position... Which means I have to walk back to the car if I forget to lock; very inconvenient...

I remember hearing that you can have your car make alarm noise or make it silent when locking and unlocking.

I haven't had the chance / time to go back to the service center / dealer yet. Is there anyway that I can turn it back on?

I wonder why they had to mess around it in the first place... and how come it is only affected when car is being LOCKED...

Thank you all in advance!

Old 07-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
View dataguy's Photo Album

dataguy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: how to turn on BLINKER and ALARM BEEP sound when locking / unlocking?

I don't know if this is exactly what you were asking for, but check:

INFO > Car Settings > Door Unlock Sound

That's on the Tech package...don't know how different it might be on another trim package.
Best MPG: 29.0, Worst MPG: 18.8
Old 07-29-2009, 04:40 PM
View bobcar569's Photo Album

bobcar569 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: how to turn on BLINKER and ALARM BEEP sound when locking / unlocking?

Pretty sure you won't get the beeps unless the alarm sets.. I bet the Dealer did something to prevent the alarm from coming active..You can test this yourself by leaving the hood or trunk up and locking the doors... No beeps... No active car alarm.. Shut the hood or trunk and you will again get the beeps
Old 07-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Supporting Member
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
View scottdk's Photo Album

scottdk is on a distinguished road

I had this same issue before, I could here the doors lock, but no beep or LED's.

Than eventually I noticed the trunk light on the dash board.

I went and closed the trunk all the way and everything worked properly.

2009 4.6 with Tech package Black on Black
2012 Kia Optima SX 2.0 GDI-t
2003 Subaru Outback L.L. Bean H6
2006 Sonata LX 3.3L - Sold July 1, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/user/Scott1tothe7

2012 R Spec suspension conversion - Lip spoiler - R Spec wheels with wing emblems - KDM wing airbag - MagnaFlow setup - drilled/slotted rotors - painted grill - 245 45 19 Conti DW tires
Old 07-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Hyundai Genesis Forum
Drives a Hyundai Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
View Hyundai Genesis's Photo Album

Hyundai Genesis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via AIM to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via MSN to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via Yahoo to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via Skype™ to Hyundai Genesis

Any reason why you picked the Wheels, Tires, Detailing and Appearance Modifications forum to post this in, Jason?

I'm moving it into the Genesis Sedan area.......

Help support our community. For as little as $2.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai Genesis View Post
Any reason why you picked the Wheels, Tires, Detailing and Appearance Modifications forum to post this in, Jason?

I'm moving it into the Genesis Sedan area.......

Thanks! I saw some threads moved, so i did my best to pick out the right section, haha. i should've stuck with my initial gut feeling, haha.

I hope I can get some more response here. Thank you all in advance!
Old 08-14-2009, 03:00 PM

UPDATE!

Found out that while getting oil changed small rubber piece came off of the hood preventing the hood from pressing the alarm button under the hood to engage.

the rubber piece is very small and looks like caramel / candy (rolo) as big as your thumb.

Now everything is OK and back to normal it seems... whew. big sigh of relief.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
View ctrcbob's Photo Album

ctrcbob is on a distinguished road

Glad you found the cause of the problem. I remember someone else had some kind of problem and after much checking by his dealer, they found that the small rubber bumper you spoke of, was missing. They replaced the rubber bumper, and everything worked again.

After that was mentioned, one day, I had the hood open, and wondered what would happen if I locked the car that way. Locked the car with the little button on the door handle, and no "beep" from the car. Went under the hood, and pushed down on the button switch, and the car "beeped" plus the blinkers "blinked".

Don't understand how it got "lost" when the technician changed the oil or when the technician checked out the seat movement. The rubber bumper is too high on the open hood to get jarred off.

Mount Dora, FL (It Could Be Worse)
Penfield, NY (A Quiet Rochester Suburb)
Roswell, NM (Alien Central)

09 Genesis 4.6 Tech (Sold)
10 SHO Ecoboost Twin Turbo
11 MKZ
Old 08-14-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrcbob View Post
Don't understand how it got "lost" when the technician changed the oil or when the technician checked out the seat movement. The rubber bumper is too high on the open hood to get jarred off.
i am not trying to accuse anyone or any place here. but i felt the same way. i had a serious feeling that it was 'removed' to perhaps put it onto other vehicle. because apparently other NEW Genesis had them missing too at the lot...

Guess what. This dealership went out of business... I was told to come back this wednesday; the dealer closed its doors on last Friday... I was glad I still got the part wednesday when a few techs left behind to clean the lot...

What ticked me off was that svc mgr and tech did not know much about Genesis. they even asked me, "do you have V6 or V8?" "it's a package that you don't have" i got frustrated because i know it's a matter of alarm, not what's under the hood... even 4 cylinder cars would have those options to turn on and off...

how do i even know that the engine oil and filter have been replaced? remember it took 3.5 hours to change oil here... i need to find other dealership...