Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
hyundai genesis sedan   hyundai genesis sedan

Go Back   Hyundai Genesis Forum > Hyundai Genesis Sedan Forums - 3.8 V6, 4.6 V8, 5.0 R-Spec V8 > Hyundai Genesis Sedan Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics
Hyundai Genesis Forum Advertise Help us help you! Calendar Today's Posts

Notices

Hyundai Genesis Sedan Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics Discussions regarding satellite/stereo and electrical systems including GPS navigation and bluetooth.

Hyundai Genesis Forum: Retro-fit Lane Change Assist?

Old 10-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
View OneFunGenesis's Photo Album

OneFunGenesis is on a distinguished road
Default Retro-fit Lane Change Assist?

Remove this ad
As most of y'all know here, the 2009 Genesis does not have lane change assist...why...idfk.

Anywho, is it possible to retrofit lane change assist from a 2010 into a 2009? I would assume it's just a module in the stalk or column. Any insight on this one all?

Thanks

OneFun

Quote:
Originally Posted by staz View Post
Thanks for all your responses regarding the RHF Antenna that I discovered under my Genny. Turns out my car was installed with teletrac at the dealership, and this is just the tracking antenna that the police use to locate the vehicle (kind of like Lo-Jack).
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFunGenesis View Post
I would take it off, hook it up to a small battery and FedEx that bitch around the world

Old 10-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
View GenesisCaptain's Photo Album

GenesisCaptain is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Retro-fit Lane Change Assist?

Quote:
As most of y'all know here, the 2009 Genesis does not have lane change assist...why...idfk.

Anywho, is it possible to retrofit lane change assist from a 2010 into a 2009? I would assume it's just a module in the stalk or column. Any insight on this one all?
Is there an online wiring diagram system available for our cars? I did lots of retrofits with my previous car, but the key was availability of the wiring diagrams. With the WDS, we could figure out the differences between model years, option packages, and interconnections between systems.

For the LDWS, the key components are probably the camera/sensor on the windshield, the main control module, and the switch. It may take a software configuration change to tell the instrument cluster display to me LDWS aware.

Wish List: Illuminated door sills, LED fog lights, Akebono Euro brake pads, Rear outside door unlock buttons
Old 10-15-2012, 10:01 PM

I feared this would happen.

It isn't the LDWS I am after. It is the lane change assist...the three blinks of the turn signal when you hit the tug lights once...follow?

I knew that would be the misunderstanding lol

Quote:
Thanks for all your responses regarding the RHF Antenna that I discovered under my Genny. Turns out my car was installed with teletrac at the dealership, and this is just the tracking antenna that the police use to locate the vehicle (kind of like Lo-Jack).
Quote:
I would take it off, hook it up to a small battery and FedEx that bitch around the world
Old 10-15-2012, 10:21 PM
View mikec's Photo Album

mikec is on a distinguished road

On the 2009s at least most of the front lighting - including the basic turn signal function - is controlled by the "Front Area Module" electronic box located in one of the black plastic boxes under the hood. If I remember correctly it lives in the passenger side box closer to the firewall. The "FAM" as it's abbreviated in Hyundai's literature is one of the largest modules in that box; it's held down by a "bail" style handle.

I don't know if later model year FAMs are compatible or not. They are expensive though.

mike c.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:24 PM

Not if I go to a junk yard and just rip it out . And how do I find this out? Part numbers 09 to 2010? lol. I know they'll be different.

Do I visit my friend who is a Genesis Tech? I assume he would know lol

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-16-2012, 01:35 AM
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
View dinodiesel's Photo Album

dinodiesel is on a distinguished road

So do you want to defeat this feature, or add it. Not clear to me.
Personally, I don't like the continued blinking after a quick signal for changing lane. I do this as a courtesy anyway, just one blink not asking but saying I am changing lanes. This prolonged delayed blink still makes me check to see if I have actuated (clicked) the turn signal.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:51 AM
View GenesisCaptain's Photo Album

GenesisCaptain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It isn't the LDWS I am after. It is the lane change assist...the three blinks of the turn signal when you hit the tug lights once...follow?
Oops, my bad. Still, the same question applies... Have you seen any references to an online wiring diagram and online parts database for our cars? These are the resources that I have used for retrofit projects in other cars. I am new to my Genesis and this forum, so I have not found all of the resources available on the Internet yet.

A parts catalog will quickly isolate part number differences between model years. That can tell which range of parts might have the features you are looking for.

Wish List: Illuminated door sills, LED fog lights, Akebono Euro brake pads, Rear outside door unlock buttons
Old 10-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
View Ruissimo's Photo Album

Ruissimo is on a distinguished road

I find that feature to be a little "too short". Three blinks is better than nothing, sure... but I think it should be exteded to four or five, in my opinion.

I hardly ever use it.

HMAService.com is the place you would find that information, if it is available.

Good luck!

2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R Spec Black / Black Click here for album
(KDM Badges front/rear/wheels/steering wheel, sticker for now 35% Tint)
Old 10-16-2012, 02:34 PM

Thanks. HMA service does not play nice with my browsers so that site is kinda junk to me.

As to the lane change assist...I want to add it, yes. The 3 blinks is perfect for me and is a feature I use very often in my parents cars. I know there is a module to add this A/M but I am quite sure it is bulky, expensive, and keeps it on for 6 freaking clicks haha.

Any help is appreciated.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Drives a Hyundai Equus Signature
View Richard Ft. Lauderdale's Photo Album

Richard Ft. Lauderdale is on a distinguished road

If you move to Florida you will never have to use your turn signals again. I'm pretty sure there is a law in Florida that says it is illegal to use a turn signal.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Drives a Hyundai 3.8 V6 Sedan
View maxmar04's Photo Album

maxmar04 is on a distinguished road

Agreed! not sure whos worse... the "q-tips" who cant see over the steering wheel anymore, or the 16yr old with a fresh, new license.
completely redone sound system
insulation throughout entire car
20" lexani lx-20
painted brake calipers
15% tint and 50% windshield
lowbeam/fog HIDs (as well as independent fog mod)
blacked out tail lights and mirror side markers
ChromeIntakes CAI
COMPLETE blue LED conversion everywhere (including A/C vents)
White license plate LED's
Underbody LED's

soon to come > paint grill,murder (paint all chrome pieces black)
Old 10-16-2012, 04:24 PM

Lol truth

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-17-2012, 08:40 PM
View bobmarley421's Photo Album

bobmarley421 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Ft. Lauderdale View Post
If you move to Florida you will never have to use your turn signals again. I'm pretty sure there is a law in Florida that says it is illegal to use a turn signal.
LOL. Absolutely. Some of the worst drivers known to man live in Florida. Try driving around in South Miami. Not only does it feel like your in a foreign country but the drivers down there have to be some of the worst in existance.

to America. First learn to speak English, and second learn how to drive.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:12 PM
View Wordman's Photo Album

Wordman is on a distinguished road

Remove this ad
No, I believe you're thinking of California, where every car is the only car on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Ft. Lauderdale View Post
Previously: 2011 Genesis V6 Tech, White Satin Pearl + Cashmere; 2009 Genesis V6 Tech, White Satin Pearl + Cashmere
Old 10-19-2012, 11:14 PM
View joedoe's Photo Album

joedoe is on a distinguished road

It would be much cheaper and better just to install Android phone in a car dock on the dash and use iOnRoad Augmented Driving application which has a line departure feature as well as a close-up warning.