Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
hyundai genesis sedan   hyundai genesis sedan

Go Back   Hyundai Genesis Forum > Hyundai Genesis Sedan Forums - 3.8 V6, 4.6 V8, 5.0 R-Spec V8 > General 2009-2014 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Discussion
Hyundai Genesis Forum Advertise Help us help you! Calendar Today's Posts

Notices

General 2009-2014 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Discussion Forum for discussions regarding the Hyundai Genesis Sedan that don't fit specifically anywhere else.

Hyundai Genesis Forum: Proximity key - Anyone know what happens if you walk away while engine is running?

Old 10-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Drives a Hyundai 3.8 V6 Sedan
View Canadian's Photo Album

Canadian is on a distinguished road
Default Proximity key - Anyone know what happens if you walk away while engine is running?

Remove this ad
On several occasions, I've gotten out of the car (3.8 sedan) with the key in my pocket. There is long beep audible inside and outside the car. But what happens if I keep walking? Recently, I almost let my brother-in-law drive away while I had the key in my pocket. Would the car run until he turned off the ignition and then he'd be stranded? Would it stall after a certain distance or elapsed time? Anyone tested this yet?

Old 10-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
View Dimitry's Photo Album

Dimitry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Proximity key - Anyone know what happens if you walk away while engine is running

It keeps going. And going.

I learned this when the valet drove away without my keys once
Old 10-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
View STREETS's Photo Album

STREETS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Proximity key - Anyone know what happens if you walk away while engine is running

The car will BEEEEEEEP for about 10 seconds alerting you that you or another person is leaving with the key- and car is still running.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Drives a Hyundai 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
View JOwest's Photo Album

JOwest is on a distinguished road

The engine will continue to run after the beeping and the car can be driven like normal until someone turn off the engine. It won't start again without the key. It will say "Key not in car".
Old 10-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Drives a Hyundai 3.8 V6 Sedan
View Mark_888's Photo Album

Mark_888 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOwest View Post
The engine will continue to run after the beeping and the car can be driven like normal until someone turn off the engine. It won't start again without the key. It will say "Key not in car".
I guess that feature comes in handy if one is the victum of a car-jacking.