Registered members do not see this advertisement! Remove it by signing up for free.
hyundai genesis sedan   hyundai genesis sedan

Go Back   Hyundai Genesis Forum > Hyundai Genesis Sedan Forums - 3.8 V6, 4.6 V8, 5.0 R-Spec V8 > General 2009-2014 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Discussion
Hyundai Genesis Forum Advertise Help us help you! Calendar Today's Posts

Notices

General 2009-2014 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Discussion Forum for discussions regarding the Hyundai Genesis Sedan that don't fit specifically anywhere else.

Hyundai Genesis Forum: Best Place to Buy in South Florida

Old 08-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Drives a Hyundai 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
View blackgenesis's Photo Album

blackgenesis is on a distinguished road
Default Best Place to Buy in South Florida

Remove this ad
Just bought a 4.6 (without tech) from O'Brien Hyundai in Ft Myers. Compared prices with Miami-area dealers and got the best deal from O'Brien. The internet sales person is Alain, who sold me my car. Not only do you save 1% in sales tax, compared to Miami, if buying (not leasing) but the dealership experience was a pleasure. O'Brien even put the wings on the front and back.

I'm happy to give anyone who is interested more details. They had a good stock of Genesis cars, both v-6 and v-8, with and without tech package. As everyone has noted, the v-8 comes loaded. The price of a v-8 without tech package is virtually identical if not less than a v-6 with the tech package. It's a personal choice, but for my money I prefer the v-8.

The financing manager, Anthony, was also a pleasure.

I can't say enough good things about my dealership experience.

Needless to say, the Genesis is out of this world. My last three cars have been a BMW 740iL, Lexus GS 300 and Cadillac STS. IMHO, the Genesis is superior to all of these. Not since my 740, have I looked forward to driving my car. We will all look back ten years from now, and recall what a great deal this car was. It reminds me of the Acura Legend when it was introduced and what a loyal following that car had.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Hyundai Genesis Forum
Drives a Hyundai Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
View Hyundai Genesis's Photo Album

Hyundai Genesis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via AIM to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via MSN to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via Yahoo to Hyundai Genesis Send a message via Skype™ to Hyundai Genesis
Default Re: Best Place to Buy in South Florida

Welcome aboard! Thank you for signing up and congratulations on your new Hyundai Genesis! I'm glad to hear you like the car so much - and that you've had a positive dealership experience...

Help support our community. For as little as $2.00 per month, you can help us pay our server bills,
software bills, licensing, renewal & upgrade fees and more... Click here for more information.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Drives a Hyundai Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
View ctrcbob's Photo Album

ctrcbob is on a distinguished road

Per that 1% Sales Tax you "saved" by buying in Ft. Myers, vice Miami, no, it does not work like that. In Florida, you pay the sales tax of the county where you live, not the county where you buy. If you buy in a county with a lower sales tax, you still pay the higher tax, with that tax going to your county of residence.

Example: I live in Lake County that has a 7% tax. (6% Florida Sales Tax and 1% Lake County Sales Tax). I purchased in Orange County (6% Florida Sales Tax and either no Orange County Sales Tax, or 0.5% Orange County Sales Tax - not sure). The rule is no matter what county I buy my car, I pay the 6% to the State, and 1% to Lake County. Lake County also says that I only pay that 1% on the first $5,000 that I pay for the car, so in reality, I pay 6% to the state plus $50. (1% of $5,000) to Lake County. I'm sure all Florida Counties are the same.

Hope I was not too confusing.

Mount Dora, FL (It Could Be Worse)
Penfield, NY (A Quiet Rochester Suburb)
Roswell, NM (Alien Central)

09 Genesis 4.6 Tech (Sold)
10 SHO Ecoboost Twin Turbo
11 MKZ
Old 08-09-2009, 11:37 PM
View jpq1999's Photo Album

jpq1999 is on a distinguished road

I live in South Florida, and went to Coconut Creek, King, and Napelton. All at the time (12/08) were selling at sticker plus a "market adjustment fee" ($1495, $1995, and $4,995 at Napelton). Also, they didn't have the color(s) I was willing to take and didn't seem to care.

On my way home from a family XMas visit in Jacksonville, we got off in Cocoa beach for lunch. I saw a dealer, walked in, had my car, and I got it on the spot for a lot less in South Florida. (also they "adjusted" the sales tax off the sell price). I saved about $50/month and $3K down.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Drives a Hyundai 3.8 V6 Sedan
View Simonwpb's Photo Album

Simonwpb is on a distinguished road

They all pay the same price for the car, it is all in the negotiation I suppose.

Sometimes a dealer will max discount for a "kamikaze" out of town buyer because they know it is now or never to make a deal. Does not mean that the other guy was ripping you off. The other reason for crazy deals is if they have to dump inventory because it is costing them money.

My philosophy is find the dealer that is most conveniently located who you think will take care of you when you need service, then make sure they give you the best price you can get it for, including out-of-town dealers.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:13 PM
View jpq1999's Photo Album

jpq1999 is on a distinguished road

My philosophy is find the dealer that is most conveniently located who you think will take care of you when you need service, then make sure they give you the best price you can get it for, including out-of-town dealers.

that has always been my belief, but, as I said, when they refused to not only move off sticker, but refused to negotiate the "over sticker fee", I got aggravated. Additionally, they really made no effort to find me a car. I wanted a 4.6 w/ tech in either red, platinum or titanium. They kept trying to shove a white one down my throat, because that was the only car they had coming on the boat (their other cars didn't fit my needs). They said if I didn't take the white one, I would have to wait another month.

I will use them for service (still haven't even gone anywhere yet (7,100 miles).